Sunday, January 22, 2012

Two Beautiful Moments Collide


Two of my favorite times in a day are the last few moments of night and the first few moments of a snow storm. At the end of night, there is a magical instance where the world, if only for a moment, seems to stand completely still. It is as if mother nature is holding her breath, bracing herself for the incredible break of dawn. For as long as I can remember, after hitting a certain point of insomnia in the night, I would always try and stay up to experience that poetic, ephemeral moment in the day.

The beginning of a snow storm is quite the opposite, yet equally as noteworthy. All of the anticipation of the storm and tension in the air is suddenly released in an abrupt cascade of angelic, fluttering flakes. Both of these moments are often overlooked. So, this past Friday, when they occurred simultaneously, I grabbed my camera, and headed out into the cold night, to try and capture the beauty. These are a few examples of what I found...








No comments:

Post a Comment